Particularly effective for Sensitive Skin , Wrinkles, Tired Skin and Blemishes.
- 1 Green apple
- 2 tsp of Olive oil
- 2 tsp of Rose water
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- Cut a green apple in two halves, de-seed and cut into small cubes.
- Blend them with 2 tsp of Olive oil until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pour it in a double boiler and mix until the mixture is warm.
- Remove from boiler and let it cool.
- After the mixture cools down add 2 tsp of rose water.
- Add 1tsp of turmeric to this mixture
- This mixture should last you for a week with daily application
Green Apples are rich in potent antioxidants such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Phenols which play a major role in delaying premature ageing by fighting free radicals which are chief culprits behind wrinkles, fine lines and dark spots. It boosts the collagen and elastin proteins in the skin thereby improving the firmness and youthfulness of the skin. Green apples help remove dead and damaged skin cells and enhance cellular turnover.
Olive oil has abundant reserves of vitamin E, which helps it improve skin health by treating acne, inflammation and even serious ailments like eczema and psoriasis. It is also very nourishing and moisturising by keeping the skin hydrated. Olive oil is an effective anti-ageing solution as well, in that it is packed with antioxidants and hydrating squalene and is therefore effective against free radicals and photo aging.
Turmeric has antiseptic and antibacterial properties which help in fighting against acne breakouts, while at the same time controlling oil secretion by sebaceous glands. Studies have revealed turmeric’s antioxidant abilities wherein it can scavenge free radicals and increase antioxidant enzymes. It also gives the skin a healthy glow and makes the skin more youthful.
Rose water is a great toner and cleanser since it helps in unclogging pores of excess dirt and oil. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe irritated skin.