Particularly effective for Acne, Oily Skin, Dark Spots and Wrinkles.
- 1/2 cup of unrefined Shea Butter
- 1 tablespoon of Beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 to 20 drops of Jojoba Oil
- Pour 1/2 cup unrefined Shea butter into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on medium for 30 seconds, or just until the butter is melted.
- Avoid overheating or boiling Shea butter, which creates a grainy consistency and may cause the butter to lose its healing effects.
- Place 1 tablespoon beeswax into a separate microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the beeswax on high heat for 30 seconds, or until melted.
- Add 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel and 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil to the beeswax bowl.
- Pour beeswax mixture and melted Shea butter into a blender or incorporate with a hand mixer. Blend ingredients until creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and work in 10 to 20 drops of jojoba oil.
Jojoba oil closely resembles the human sebum, therefore its uses in skin care are innumerable. It helps in removing excess oil from the skin and unclogging the pores. It has natural moisturizing and emollient properties, thereby preventing dry patches and irritations. When used regularly it helps in controlling acne because of its vitamin A and E content.
Shea butter is rich in vitamins A, F and E. It provides essential fatty acids (oleic, stearic, linolenic and palmitic acids) which enable collagen production. In addition to offering UV protection (~SPF 6) it is incredibly nourishing and moisturising for the skin. Due to the presence of cinnamic acid, Shea butter is very potent against skin inflammations and is recommended for acne prone skin.
Beeswax acts as a surfactant ,when blended with other ingredients, it forms a protective barrier on the surface of the skin and helps protect against environmental damage. Beeswax is antibacterial helping keep the skin clean and free from potential infections. It is also a humectant, which means it attracts water and helps keep the skin hydrated.
Olive oil has abundant reserves of vitamin E, which helps it improve skin health by treating acne, inflammation and even serious ailments like eczema and psoriasis. It is also very nourishing and moisturising by keeping the skin hydrated. Olive oil is an effective anti-ageing solution as well, in that it is packed with antioxidants and hydrating squalene and is therefore effective against free radicals and photo aging.