A simple night cream recipe that works wonders for Wrinkles, Tired Skin, Sensitive Skin and Acne.
This is a highly efficacious night cream recipe that works well with almost all skin types. Remember to apply the green tea night cream on a dry face using circular motions for maximum absorption. Wait for 15 minutes before getting into bed.
- 25 oz of pure beeswax
- 1 oz almond oil
- 1 tsp of Rose hip seed oil
- A packet of green tea
Get a skincare regimen customized just for you, take the skin quiz here
- Take 25 oz of pure beeswax and combine them with 1 oz almond oil, 1 oz coconut oil, 1 tsp of Rose hip seed oil in a double boiler, allowing it to melt.
- Meanwhile take a cup of warm water and let a packet of green/white tea seep for a few minutes. Pour this mixture to the double boiler and mix. (If you are using a tea bag, open the bag and pour in the tea leaves too)
- Once the beeswax melts let it cool for a minute or two, just enough to be able to strain through a fine sieve.
- Whip this strained mixture using a hand blender until you reach a smooth, fluffy consistency
- Store in a cool, dark place. Avoid refrigeration as it will harden the night cream.
- It will last more than a month with daily application.
Green tea has an impressive list of skincare benefits. It is well known for its abundance of antioxidants which make it a very valuable anti-ageing remedy. The polyphenols present in green tea slow down the appearance of age spots. It helps combat free radical production and is also effective remedy for sun damage. It is rich in amino acids, B vitamins, manganese and folate.
Beeswax acts as a surfactant ,when blended with other ingredients, it forms a protective barrier on the surface of the skin and helps protect against environmental damage. Beeswax is antibacterial helping keep the skin clean and free from potential infections. It is also a humectant, which means it attracts water and helps keep the skin hydrated.
Almond oil is approximately 60% oleic acid which gives it a chemical composition similar to our sebum, so it is readily absorbed by the skin. It is a strong emollient which enables it to remove skin impurities. Almond oil has anti-inflammatory properties, helping it calm and soothe irritated skin. It is also extremely nourishing and moisturising for he the skin.
Rosehip seed oil helps protect the skin and increases cellular turnover with the help of free radical fighting antioxidants such as Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E and beta-carotene which is a form of Vitamin A. Rosehip seed oil deeply nourishes the skin and helps heal it from within because of the presence of essential fatty acids like Oleic, Palmitic, Linoleic and Gamma Linolenic (GLA) acids.